tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 01 07:11:47 2003

Re: (KLBC?) Word for 'shop'?

Raik Lorenz ([email protected])

> peHruS:
> >>Yes, you're right. perhaps Klingons don't go to the "store=building" but

[...]

> >The same tape describes Klingon shops (mentioning that they have no
> windows)
>
> Hmm... I don't remember this.  Where does PK describe such shops,
> particularly WRT to windows?
>
> >and gives advice for how to behave in these shops.
>
> The tape provides suggestions for negotiating with the merchant or {Suy},
> but IIRC the Klingon word for a "shop" is not mentioned on the tape.

Why so complicated?

I considered SuyDaqHom for shop as well as for a kind of alkoven or the like
in a mall etc.
A Mall or market hall or something like that might be called SuyDaq'a'.

But I'm almost sure that I missed some point of the discussion ruling that
out, too.  }};-)

Qno'Hiq

--
HoHoHo! Seid Ihr auch alle schön brav gewesen?

GMX Weihnachts-Special: Die 1. Adresse für Weihnachts-
männer und -frauen! http://www.gmx.net/de/cgi/specialmail