tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Aug 23 18:31:03 2003

Re: Grammar Question

...Paul ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003, Tad Stauffer wrote:
> >On Saturday 23 August 2003 17:24, ...Paul wrote:
> > > vIqawtaHvIS jIlughchugh...  (If I remember correctly)...
> > >
> > > #1.  "Quch Hab ghaj SoSlI'"
>
> Actually, in Power Klingon, the insult is given as {Hab SoSlI' Quch}.

jIqawHa'law'!  D'oh!   jImuj, tera'ngan mu'tlhegh jIqawmo' neH.  :P

Apparently I remembered incorrectly!  D'oh!  I was wrong because I merely
remembered the Terran sentence.

> So according to PK, it seems like {Hab SoSlI' Quch} is the "popular" form
> of the insult, although I wouldn't be surprised if {Quch Hab ghaj SoSlI'}
> would be equally insulting. In fact, maybe a Klingon would find {Quch Hab
> ghaj SoSlI'} more insulting, even if it has less punch at the end - if you
> say {Quch Hab ghaj SoSlI'}, you aren't just spouting out the common/popular
> version of the insult, you're actually taking the time to rephrase it.
> You'd be implying that the mother's forehead smoothness is a fact and can
> be described in several ways, rather than it just being a stock phrase that
> is always said the same way.

mu'qaD veSvaD tlhIngan lurDech DabuSHa' 'e' vIchupbe'bej.  :)

I certainly would not recommend that you ignore Klingon tradition for
curse warfare.  :)

...Paul

 **        Have a question that reality just can't answer?        **
                     "Isis! Isis! Ra! Ra! Ra!"

Back to archive top level