tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Aug 17 22:53:08 2003

Some new puns

Se'noj le'umaS ([email protected])

qaja':

I think I've found some new word puns. Tell me what you think...

SID
(n) patient
/SID/ sounds almost like sit, what patients do at the doctor's office.

Sot
(n) be distressed, be in distress
Sounds almost like shot, which would be very distressing.

pI'
(v) be fat
Too much pie will make you /pI'/, which you will /pay/ (regret).

po
(n) morning
Tellytubbies (sp?), of which Po is a character, is usually shown in the
morning.

paw
(v) arrive
You can /paw/ (arrive), or make it faster, and /paw'/ (collide) with your
destination.

Anything wrong with these?

Se'noj