tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 07 10:14:21 2003

Re: Bumper Sticker

> >I have KCD; I don't have a bumper sticker...
>
> It was a promotional gimmick from publisher Simon & Schuster.  I don't
> remember if mine was mailed out separately to members of the KLI and other
> Klingon fan groups to advertise the game back in 1998(?), or if it was
> included in the game box.

I acquired mine from Ross about six months ago, and it was included.
(The game itself was packaged with another KCD-type product, "Borg")

> I do recall that (as always!) there was some discussion as to whether
> Okrand was responsible for the bumper sticker (he was a consultant on the
> game itself).  Many thought that {qIm} was unnecessarily clipped,
expecting
> {yIqIm tera'ngan}.

I kinda took this as a "Watch it, pal!" type of statement, but only because
it was clipped.

--ngabwI'
HovpoH juHDaq:
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/ngabwi/