tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 07 09:34:36 2003

Re: Bumper Sticker (was Re: Klingon WOTD: qIm (v))

>jatlh Voragh:
> > qIm tera'ngan
> > Attention Earther! (KCD bumper sticker)

naHQun:
>Bumper Sticker?
>Klingon CD bumper sticker?
>I have KCD; I don't have a bumper sticker...
>Do we have the same KCD?

It was a promotional gimmick from publisher Simon & Schuster.  I don't
remember if mine was mailed out separately to members of the KLI and other
Klingon fan groups to advertise the game back in 1998(?), or if it was
included in the game box.

I do recall that (as always!) there was some discussion as to whether
Okrand was responsible for the bumper sticker (he was a consultant on the
game itself).  Many thought that {qIm} was unnecessarily clipped, expecting
{yIqIm tera'ngan}.  OTOH it may have been a matter of font size and
available space that prompted Okrand to suggest the shorter form -- if he
translated the text at all, that is.

potlhmey qaw'a' vay'?  (Anyone remember the details?)

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level