tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Mar 30 20:50:21 2001

Re: libraries and cars

lab lay'tel SIvten

> i've been using the term  paqghom'a'  for 'library' for several months, but
> i've since reconsidered, and  paqqach  may be a better term, as well as
being
> shorter.

I recommend that you not make up your own words for everyday use.  If you
need to talk about a library, say, HaDmeH qach, or De' choqbogh yej'an or
paq nojbogh yaH or whatever is relevant.  The only time I make up words is
when I'm writing a story, the same condition under which I would make up
English words, really.  There's a big bookstore down the street from me,
but I don't call it a bookarium or a booksuperbuilding.  I call it a big
bookstore.

Qov

Back to archive top level