tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Mar 09 21:40:49 2001

RE: QaH vIneH (KBLC)

Fine. So ask her to define "dimension" in terms that do not use the word
"dimension", because that word doesn't exist in Klingon and it is entirely
too vague in English to be understood, were anybody to actually stop and
think about it. I personally have no clue what "next dimension" means. It is
one of those socially agreed upon, abstract, fictional terms (the way it is
used here), that leaves us saying, "Well, YOU know what I mean."

Well, I don't. Explain it to me. We have height, width and length. That's
three dimensions, though I don't think of them as particularly sequential,
so one is not after the other, so there is no "next" among those three. Some
people consider time to be a dimension, though that seems a tad strange to
me. You can't kick someone into time. You might kick them into the next
second, though in all likelihood, they would have gotten there without your
assistance. It's pretty unavoidable, really. You just stand there and the
next second comes to you.

So, what's after that? And if there is something after that, what makes it
"after" that such that it becomes "next"?

Why not just keep it simple and say:

bItambe'chugh vaj bIHegh.

If she doesn't like that, then, well, tell her:

bItambe'chugh vaj bIHegh.

Not as a translation. As a directive.

> I am looking on my own, but I could use all the help that I can get of
> course.
>
> Qapla'
>
> qoraQ Doqetlh puqloD

charghwI' 'utlh