tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Oct 20 13:49:43 2000

KLBC: question about superlative/translation help

How would I say,

"I'm the best there is at what I do"?

It's a line from the Wolverine comic book.  It's hard to explain what
Wolverine does, except that he's a superhero, and he does superhero
stuff.  It's also intentionally ambiguous... it's not clear just what
it is that he does.

I'm thinking of something like:

{Qu'wIj vIta'meH jIH po' law' Hoch po' puS}

Two questions:

1. Am I connecting the other stuff to the superlative part
correctly?  I'm not quite sure how to say "I'm the best at
[something]" as opposed to just "I'm the best".

2. I want to preserve the ambiguity about what Wolverine
does.  He doesn't say, and of course you read the comic book
to find out.  Is {Qu'wIj...} too specific?  I want the "feel"
of it to be "whatever it is that he does [which is unspecified]",
rather than "a specific task".

Suggestions?

Thanks.

--