tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon May 31 17:08:40 1999

Re: KLBC, first sentence try

ja' "Nelson Lamoureux" <[email protected]>:
>Although this is a real request, I would like it to be reviewed by pagh.
>
>/Montreal/Daq tlhIngan Hol jatlhmeH vay' jInej.

Our faithful BG has answered, but I think you might merely have gotten
the prefixes wrong.  {jInej} needs to be {vInej}, of course, since the
verb has the subject {vay'} "someone".  If you meant "I seek someone in
order for me to speak Klingon in Montreal", you need to recognize also
that the {-meH} verb needs a prefix in order to say "I speak it":

  "Montreal"-Daq tlhIngan Hol vIjatlhmeH vay' vInej.

>That way, I could eventualy participate in a qepHom.

Why not host one yourself?  You don't need to be an expert in Klingon,
or even especially fluent.  The point is to bring together people who
have an interest in the language, and you don't have to be a teacher
in order to facilitate a meeting.  Contact me off-list for information
and encouragement. :-)

--
  Alan Anderson, professional programmer and amateur Klingonist
      qepHom coordinator for the Klingon Language Institute

Back to archive top level