tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Sep 29 11:47:31 1998

RE: jIghojtaH

nuQum ghunchu'wI':

> Tony jang pagh:
> >> 	choghItlhqang 'a'
> >> 	will you write me?
> >
> >There is no space before the <-'a'>. Otherwise this is fine.
> >qaQaHqangtaH.
>
> It's *grammatically* fine, but I don't think Tony meant to ask if
> you'd be willing to mark on him. :-)  The Klingon verb {ghItlh}
> doesn't mean everything the English verb "write" can; it refers
> specifically to the process of making marks with a stylus.

And I thought you were going to recommend a tattoo artist!  IIRC, a couple of
the members of this list have been "marked" with Klingon tattoos, either
phrases in tlhIngan Hol or Klingon-themed artwork.

Voragh

Back to archive top level