tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Sep 28 14:49:04 1998

Re: Ke'Plak

ghItlh charghwI':

>We do know that relative pronouns do not exist. If you think
>otherwise, just point to the section in TKD that describes
>them. The closest thing you'll get is the relative clause which
>works through a verb suffix, not a pronoun.

I am surprised, charghwI'. You must know that one cannot prove non-existence
through logic. Since we agree that TKD is not a complete description of
every point of Klingon, we also must agree that lack of mention is no proof
of lack of existence. We simply do not know whether there is a relative
pronoun or not. I, and you, believe it is highly unlikely, but I do not
know. Unless you have kidnapped Maltz, neither do you.

Qermaq

Back to archive top level