tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Sep 20 01:21:06 1998

Re: music

ja' "Damon C Bradshaw" <[email protected]>:
>I'm interested in writing some music in tlhingan-hol.
>If anyone knows of any conventions or precedents that have been set, let =
>me know.

There are a few precedents.  The Imperial Anthem by our own Captain Krankor
and the Warrior's Anthem by Marc Okrand share a couple of details:  both
are in a minor key, and both begin with a slow, plodding rhythm and build
to a near frenzy having many notes per beat.  Nearly all of the musical
compositions in tlhIngan Hol to date use a rhyming scheme similar to modern
music and poetry in English, and I can't think of any right now that are in
a major key.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level