tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Sep 16 21:23:13 1998

RE: KLBC: Practice with -meH and -bogh

ja' pagh:
>I've been studying Klingon for almost three years now, and I've learned
>to filter out many typos and small mistakes like a missing <'> or a
>minor prefix error. This makes reading the list much easier - I don't
>have to think around the errors because I don't even notice them.

I wonder if the ability to read through minor errors can be quantified
as part of a measure of one's fluency. :-)  I also ignore typos for the
most part, but I *do* notice them.  It has taken me many years to get
to the point where I can keep myself from pointing out every tiny typo
I see in everything.

>Unfortunately, this makes my new job harder - I have to concentrate to
>find the errors that I would not normally see.

Dochvetlh Dajatlhqa'laH.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level