tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Sep 16 16:42:23 1998

Re: Klingon Language Clan

> Even if the language exists, the race does not so who would you be
> insulting?

> Joanna

Thank you Joanna.

I beg that all of you will forgive our "short temperedness"  of the last
few weeks.  Jeff & I have been happily married for 11 years and have a
wonderful 7 year old child.  We are leaving this weekend for our very
first family vaccation of more than 3 days.

This has been the most hellish spring/summer of our lives.  My
Grandmother passed away this February after a very prolonged illness.

We took in two pitiful puppies that were tossed out on our doorstep with
3 kinds of worms and mange.  I nursed them back to health only to have
one of them die in my arms of Parvo after passing blood all over my
living room and down my leg as she died in my arms.

We have been harrassed by an internet stalker who continually spread
baseless slander through another email list.

I was entangled in a frivolous lawsuit that cost me over $2,000 in
leagle fees and settlments.

My Refidgerator quit and my plumbing needs replacing.

I worked all summer on costumes for DragonCon.  Then our car broke down
on the way and we had to spend the night on the road.  We got that fixed
and then the WHEEL came off our hearse, all 5 lug nuts sheared off and
stranded us in the middle of I75 for almost 6 hours.  After we finally
got to the convention, we lost the masquerade to a group who was not
even in the competition.

Halloween is coming and all the stock is piling up in the floor of our
shop.  Haunted Houses are calling us wanting us to help them fix thier
little red wagons that they thought they could do without us, all by Oct
the 10th.  My regular customers heard that I was going on vaccation, so
they all piled in my door to ask "Just do me this one thing before you
go!"

We don't know where we are going to find the money to do this trip.  But
we are going if it hair lips the nation.  (Ooops, is that a slur?  Its
just something my dead Grandmother used to say.)  My son crys everyday
because he will be behind in school, he wants to be with his friends,
his older 1/2 brother is picking on him.  He has no clue what
DisneyWorld & Daytona beach are all about.

But we just can't deal with grown people who take this fandom stuff to
seriously.  I have way to much in my real life to get into fannish
arguments.  People who cannot seperate fantasy from reality scare me.
Whether they think they are Vampires or DragonMasters or Klingons.  This
group is just a bit to far out in left feild for us.

Please - Unsubscribe us.

Thank you
Susan

Oh yes, and if someone wishes to correct me that February is actually
winter.  YOU get over loosing your last grandparent, the one that you
loved the best in more than one month.

Back to archive top level