tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Sep 15 22:28:16 1998

Re: How do I say... (ATTN: pagh)

In a message dated 98-09-15 19:16:31 EDT, StaZ & pagh write:

<< >Klingon donesn't have a verb for "love" that we know of, but there are
 >other things we can do. We do have verbs for "disklike"  - <par>, and
 >"hate/detest"  - <muS>. We know that <parHa'>, which is <par> plus the
 >suffix <-Ha'>, means "like", so we often use <muSHa'> to mean "love". We
 >don't know whether Klingons commonly do this or not, but that's our best
 >guess. >>

This is not from any canon source, but here goes:  growl like cats in heat,
standing with the feet apart, and looking intently at your object of desire.
If words are still necessary:  bangwI' SoH vIneHbej

peHruS

Back to archive top level