tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Sep 11 07:51:53 1998

Re: Ke'Plak

: i found out the day of Ke'Plak, the day in which Klingons go to a
: milatary house, give them toshass legs, and get one non-sacred item to
: keep. i need to the the phrase for this day from power klingon thanks.

I transcribed the holiday honoring the Klingon military as {QI'lop}, but
this is a guess at Michael Dorn's pronunciation and could just as easily be
two words: {QI' lop}.  The word doesn't appear in TKD or KGT, but is
obviously derived from the nouns {QI'} "military" + {lop} "celebration" (KGT).

Stuffed tobbaj leg (to'baj 'uS lughoDlu'bogh) is the traditional food served
on QI'lop:

   to'baj 'uS lughoDlu'bogh tIlaj!
   Accept these stuffed tobbaj legs!  PK

   Ho'Du'lIjDaq to'baj 'uSHom lughoDlu'bogh tu'lu'.
   You have some stuffed tobbaj leg in your teeth.  PK

: oh yeah, ke'plak is October 15. thanks.
:
: Jonathan Thomas

Where did you hear that QI'lop is celebrated on October 15th?  (I'm not
arguing, mind you, merely curious.)

And speaking of Klingon holidays, does anyone remember the date fandom has
assigned to Empire Union Day?  I have a vague recollection it is sometime in
March.

--
Voragh                           "Grammatici certant et adhuc sub judice
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons     lis est."         Horace (Ars Poetica)

Back to archive top level