tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Sep 03 15:31:59 1998

RE: KLBC: paghvaD pab qab vInob

Edy may not have intended this as KLBC, but I feel like going over it
anyway...

lab Edy:

> ghItlh [email protected]:
>
> >For my sake, can you please write your e-mails in English
> >not Klingon THANX!!! >:-)
>
>     tetlhvam Hol tlhIngan lujatlh nuvpu' 'e' DaSov'a'.

This doesn't quite work. The part of the sentence that does work is <
(something) lujatlh nuvpu' ...>. For the first part, I will guess that
you are trying to say "on this list ...", so we will add a <-Daq> to the
<tetlhvam>. The <Hol tlhIngan> should of course be <tlhIngan Hol>. I
will also substitute <jabbI'IDghom> for <tetlh> to mean mailing list -
both are just guesses, but <jabbI'IDghom> has been used more widely
here. Finally, the <'e' DaSov'a'> on the end sounds like an attempt at a
rhetorical question - "Don't you know that ...". Klingon just doesn't
work this way, and it's not really necessary anyway. Here's my
suggestion for the above sentence:

jabbI'IDghomvamDaq tlhIngan Hol lujatlh nuvpu'.

pagh
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level