tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Sep 02 16:43:42 1998

RE: KLBC

lab LtSasek:

> I'm new only been trying to figure this out for a
> couple of weeks. Can you tell me the best way to
> start some of the long messages get me confused
> before I get through it.Any hints will be welcome.
> Thanks

Welcome to the list. My name is pagh, and I am the current Beginners
Grammarian. It's my job to help beginners learn Klingon. Just mark your
posts for my attention by putting the letters KLBC in the subject line,
and I will reply.

The first thing you need to get started is a copy of the Klingon
Dictionary by Marc Okrand, which you can find at your local bookstore or
order through the Klingon Language Institute
(/kli/Merchant.phtml). There also is a FAQ list for
this mailing list at http://www.bigfoot.com/~dspeers/klingon/faq.htm
which has all sorts of useful information.

As for the list, I recommend you skip the long messages for now, and
concentrate on the shorter ones. You may want to try to start with the
KLBC messages - they are written by beginners, and I reply to all of
them with corrections. You should also try to post a few short KLBC
messages yourself. Good luck!

pagh
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level