tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Sep 02 15:28:39 1998

RE: New reader

lab Peerke:

>nuqneH,

>I just wanted to introduce myselve. I've been trying to learn tlhIngan
Hol
>by reading Marc Okrand's book, but without examples and corrections
from
>others it's not so eazy. Trerefore i'll be reading your discussions to
>learn and i'm hoping to participate soon.

Welcome to the mailing list. My name is pagh, and I am the current
Beginners' Grammarian on the list. It's my job to help beginners learn
Klingon. If you want help with a post, mark it for my attention by
putting the letters KLBC in the subject line and I will reply.  And
don't be shy about participating - my first post (a little over two
years ago) was short and had quite a few mistakes, but I learned from it
and got better.

Several other people have replied about other source materials, but I'll
add my opinion as well. My first recommendation for someone LEARNING
Klingon is the Conversational Klingon audiotape. Klingon for the
Galactic Traveller is also a very useful book to have, and together with
the Dictionary describes almost all of what we know about the language.
The rest of the materials are certainly useful, but not essential.

pagh

Back to archive top level