tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Oct 30 13:29:18 1998

Re: KLBC: Sormey Hol

---Pam Felton  wrote:

> didn't know how to use it until I saw you write SoHvaD jItlhIj.  I
looked
> that and said, "What in the world did he do that for?  Poor fellow
is off > his rocker."  Then I thought, "Well, it HAS to be right so I
better figure > it out."

Don't think that.  Don't ever think that about anyone's post, no
matter how many years they've been a BG.  Don't even think that about
Marc Okrand's posts. Don't assume that the BG just made a mistake,
because it might be something you didn't know, but don't assume you're
just clueless, either.  If every time you see something that you think
might be a mistake, you ask about it, you will 1) look stupid now and
then for a while, 2) learn a hell of a lot, 3) have a lot of lurkers
silently thanking you and 4) look really smart a few months down the
road.

We've all been wrong.  Some of us have been wrong at the top of our
lungs.

> I'm working on Qov's lightning story right now.

jIreHmeH jIH lutvetlh vIlab.  latlhvaD lI'laHpu' 'e' vIqelbe'. motlh
vay' vIlab, tIq jabbI'ID.  chaq machwI'mey Daj vIlI'nIS.

> Maybe natives aren't as static filled as foreigners.

jImon. <home> <away> je vImugh 'e' vInID.  novqu'be'law' SuchwI'pu'.

==
Qov - pab 'utlh