tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Oct 29 10:08:48 1998

KLBC: jabbI'ID wa'DIch [ {wa'DIch jabbl'ID} 'oHpu' ]

lab pagh:

>The subject line should be <jabbI'ID wa'DIch> - the ordinal number goes
>after the noun, but otherwise your grammar is perfect.

jImujpu'. qatlho'. naD vIparHa'qu'.

>I will comment on the last line, though. Even with perfect grammar, you
>still sound like a Terran.

nuqjatlh? Quch Hab vIghaj'a'?! mu'qaD'a' 'oH!!

>One of the most important things to know about
>Klingon if you want to survive is to speak boldly. For example, where you
>would say "Excuse me, please" in English, you would say the equivalent of
>"get out of my way" in Klingon.

toH! jIDojmeH, qabuQnIS. jIyaj... (}:-)

DaHjaj tlhInganpu' mu'ghom vIje'ta'. vIlaD 'ej vIghoj.

[vIghoj: "I learn it (where it = TKD)". I wanted to say 'I (will) learn
/from/ it'. Would -moH work here? 'vIghojqangmoH' = 'I am willing for it
to teach [me]' ??]

taHjaj wo'!
--
qonwI'
aka Matt Johnson <mailto:[email protected]>

Back to archive top level