tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Oct 20 15:39:14 1998

RE: KLBC nuqneH

lab QaneS:

> nuqneH
>
>  I am fairly new to the list. tlhnIngan Hol vIjatlhlaHbe' ,tho I am
> trying to learn to speak thlnIngan Hol. This is my first posting to
> the list. I do have a copy of TKD as well as KGT and the Klingon Way.
>  I would like to introduce myself,I am QaneS.
>  I looked throughout the books I have as well as searhed through the
> tapes (CK and PK) and have not found a term for storyteller,in the
> sense of a bard of poet. So I have attempted to extrapolate a
> thlnIngan term based on what I can find and the little that I know.
> My attempt is as follows:

> lutwI'ja'   teller of a story (ie:a bard,or poet)
>
>  Is this on the right track? Or way off?
>
> Qapla' reH

reH latlh qabDaq qul tuj law' Hoch tuj puS.

Welcome to the list, QaneS. The line above is a replacement proverb, and I
used it to replace lost honor for not noticing your post when you posted it
two weeks ago. I was going through old mail, and I was mortified to discover
I had missed a KLBC post.

Since Qov was filling in for me last week and answered your original
question, all I really have to do now is promise your future messages will
get more prompt attention.

pagh
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level