tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Oct 13 15:27:56 1998

Re: New to the mailing list.

Ti-Lyn Soh <[email protected]> wrote:

: Thanks for your suggestions.. I actually do not have TKD, but was
: wondering if in fact it is possible to find it in laid-back Perth,
: Australia.. i haven't had time as yet to look in the bookstores, but
: I'm interested in finding out some titles to keep an eye out for.

At a minimum, you will need The Klingon Dictionary (2nd ed.) -- there is a
brief chapter on syntax.  For copyright reasons, very little of this in-print
material is available for free on the Web.  You will either have to buy
them or
borrow them via interlibrary loan from your library.  If there is a local Trek
fan group in Perth, perhaps someone there has copies they could loan you.

If your local bookstore doesn't carry these books and tapes (find one with a
good sci-fi section), surely they will special-order them for you.  But if
not,
you can order them from the Klingon Language Institute's merchant page.  Go to
their web site at:

  http://www.kli.org

: What are those "okrand works"? they would be the vocab books rite? Okay
: then.. I doubt that i would be able to get access to any tapes, etc here,
: but I"ll keep a look out. thanks.

See the FAQ for this mailing list at:

 http://labs.thomtech.com/~dspeers/klingon/ffaq.htm

Specifically, read section 1.3: "What materials are there for learning
Klingon?"  All the relevant information is there, including ISBNs for ordering
them through your local bookstore.

Qapla'!  (Success!)

 Voragh
"Grammatici certant et adhuc sub judice
 Ca'Non Master of the Klingons                              lis est."
       Horace (Ars Poetica)

Back to archive top level