tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Oct 08 11:13:28 1998

RE: KLBC Klingon Name

: >    those malevolent wraiths at Deep Space Nine.
:
:   Just a small correction here.  The wraiths of DS9 are Pah Wraiths, not
pagh,
: The pagh in Bajorian refers to the life force of a person.
:
: - QaneS -

Yet another <pagh>!

I was waiting for someone to say this.  Both forms have appeared in the Closed
Captions to refer to those pesky wraiths, though Paramount seems to be using
<pah> for the current story line.  To further confuse matters, <pah> (wraith)
and <pagh> (life force) are both pronounced /pa:/ by the actors.  I wonder if
the two spirits/forces are somehow related?

But that's a matter for the bajorngan Hol mailing list.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level