tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Oct 03 02:28:04 1998

Re: Klingon as bermensch KLBC

lab tIm:

> Nietzsche said, "That which does not kill me, makes me stronger."
>
> vIHoHlu'pu'be' vaj muHoSqu'moH
>
> I think that captures the idea. Am I right?

Close.

There is no need for the perfective aspect <-pu'>. It really doesn't fit
here.

I don't think the indefinite subject (-lu'> fits here. The *something* which
does not kill you is too important to be left out. Fortunately, we have the
word <vay'>, which is exactly what you want for your subject.

You should probably add a <-chugh> for this to flow naturally.

muHoHbe'chugh vay' vaj muHoSmoH.

pagh
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level