tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 18 05:02:09 1998

Canonical Question: Radio Times?

Greetings.

While exploring the KLI website, I noticed that the entry:

--
ghaytanHa' (adv) unlikely [British television magazine, "Radio Times"]
--

appears on the KLI Additional Canon Words page.

While I do not question the fact that this is a correctly formed word,
I do wonder, "Why is this word included in a list of canonical words?
What makes this canon? Did MO approve or acknowledge this as a canon word?"

The KLI Additional Canon Words page (/kli/newwords.html)
qualifies the listed entries as words that "are missing from the dictionary
(added later by Dr. Okrand) or were expanded upon after its publication."
Was {ghaytanHa'} expanded upon or added by MO for this "Radio Times" show?

qo'mey poSmoH Hol.

Dawut (David)
[email protected]
ICQ98a: 5051098