tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun May 24 22:45:33 1998

Re: Inherently Plural Nouns

At 13:44 98-05-24 -0700, tu'wI' wrote:
}What are the inherently plural nouns? Their singular counterparts that, along
}with the suffix -mey, give the "scattered about" connotation?  I know of
}veng/cha, chuyDaH/vIj, and DoS/ray'.  Are there more?

That's peng/cha

Yes, there are more.  I don't have a complete list.  jengva'/ngop and
mang/negh come to mind.

There is also {Duj}, when it means instincts. A bit of a special case. It
can be singular or plural, like any other noun: {Duj tIvoqtaH} - "always
trust your instincts,"  or can be a plural collective noun: {DujlIj yIvoq}
"trust your instincts."

Qov     [email protected]
Now on ICQ: 12235599

Back to archive top level