tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 21 20:38:13 1998

ST:CCG Qapla'! card

jIchegh!

After suffering a number of weeks with a corrupted hard drive, I have
finally gotten back to the list.  I am playing catch-up for in the
archives for the latter half of March, all of April, and May up to
today.  I see I missed a great deal.

My recently purchased for my fiance the Star Trek Customizable Card Game
special collectible set entitled "The Fajo Collection".  This is a set
of 18 super rare cards for the game, available only as a set.  One of
these cards is done all in Klingon text.  An image of this card can be
viewed at Decipher's web site:
http://www.decipher.com/startrek/productlibrary/cardlists/thefajocollection/qapla.html

I have not found mention of this card in my (admittedly quick) look
through the archives.  The text of the card is hard to read on the web
image, so I reproduce it here:

qaghwI'

Qapla'!

DabuQlu'DI' yISuv.
bISovbejbe'DI' tImer.
Suvlu'taHvIS yapbe' HoS neH.
tIqDaq HoSna' tu'lu'.
may'meyDajvo' Haw'be' tlhIngan.
--------
DuHIvchugh ghol vaj qaStaHvIS may'vetlh HoSDaq ghob luchel quv ghajbogh
tlhInganpu'lI'.

(vI'be'.)

On the side of the card it reads: TM & c 1997 ngoqDaq QayHa'

For those of you unfamiliar with the game, the first line indicates that
this is an Interrupt (a class of cards) names Qapla'!  The first block
of text is the "card lore" - background information, or description of
the image, or a short story about the card - while the text below the
line is the actual effect the card has when played.

>From the looks of things, all the Klingon is straight out of the
original TKD, and is simple to understand (except for {ngoqDaq QayHa'} -
I'm not sure what that's all about).

Does anyone have any idea who wrote the text for this card?
--
Qob la' (tlh.w.D. quttaj ra'wI')       [email protected]
tlhIngan Hol yejHaD ghojwI'            http://www.frontiernet.net/~qob/

Back to archive top level