tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 21 05:58:10 1998

RE: Bible Verse Translation

> One of my friends asked me to translate Luke 14:33 into Klingon..
> Can someone help me here?

While DloraH is correct, you should try your own translations, I cannot
resist.

> "In the same way, you must give up everything you have to follow
> me.  If you don't, you cannot be my follower!"

"In the same way..." doesn't make sense out of context.  Therefore I will
ignore it.

*Luke, wa'maH loS DoD wejmaH wej

chotlha'meH Hoch Daghajbogh DalonnIS.  Dalonbe'chugh chotlha'laHbe'.

Hmm, "my follower" may mean more than the literal "you follow me."  It makes
me think of /lalDan rewbe'/ or something.  No, eww, I don't like that.
Let's up the Klingon ethos a notch:

mangghomwIj DamuvmeH Hoch may'luchlIj DalonnIS.  Dalonbe'chugh, jIHvaD
bISuvlaHbe'.

There, much better!  :)

> qatlho'
>
> tu'wI'