tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 19 21:51:48 1998

Re: tlhIngan Grace (also KLBC)

At 00:46 98-05-18 -0700, Nathan wrote:
}(comments are welcome....grammar is KLBC...I CAN'T FIND MY TKD!!!)

}joH'a'na'
}great, definite lord,

maj.

}Soj Danobta'neS maH.
}you've given us food(this food???) (honorific).

{-neS} is type-8, {-ta'} is type-9.  Therefore {-neS} must go before {-ta'}.
This is an appropriate place to use {-neS}, an expression of reverence and
respect.

{Soj DanobneSta'} - You have given food.

To make it "You have given us food" use either:

{Soj junobneSta'} or {maHvaD Soj DanobneSta'}

The first is the use of the prefix for the indirect object, seen in some
examples and explained in a posting by MO.  The second used {-vaD},
explainined in the addendum, TKD 6.8.

To add the idea of "this" use the noun suffix {-vam}.  See section 3.3.4.

}wISovchu'.
}we clearly know this...
}DaQaQmoHtaH
}you are causing it to be good...

maj.  A little vague, but no problems with the Klingon.

This refers
}chaw'lu'
}allow this(indef subj.)

Well actually Nathan, it doesn't have an indefinite subject.  It's a
command, for a very specific subject to permit something specific.  What did
you feel was indefinite about it?

"Permit it" is:
yIchaw'.

If you are looking for a translation of Amen, "So be it," I suggest {qaSjaj}
roughly "May it happen" or "Let it be so that it occurs."

Qov     [email protected]
Now on ICQ: 12235599

Back to archive top level