tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 14 07:29:22 1998

Re: Greeings

: >I apologize for using the terran tongue for this communique, but I have
: >not yet fully mastered the warriors tongue.  I am currently in the
: >process of choosing a Klingon name for myself and I wonder is anyone out
: >there knows the Klingon word for cat or panther,  I have been unable to
: >find these in either The Klingon Dictionary or Klingon for the Galactic
: >Traveller.  Any and all help will be appreciated...
: >
: >Felis

: See page 229 of Klingon For the Galactic Traveler.  <vIghro'> is a cat like
: animal.
:
: SuSvaj

{vIghro'}  v'gro (type of animal, like a cat) KGT [JOKE: the name of the cat
in Disney's "Pinnochio" was named Figaro]

{tIqa' vIghro'}  tika cat (type of animal):

     bIt; tI'qa' vIghro' rur
     nervous as a tika cat  [typo on p.132 corrected] KGT

BTW, Felis, are you certain your name isn't a variation of Felix, derived
from Latin *felix* "lucky, fortunate", which the Romans used as a personal
name and also in the old name for Yemen, Arabia Felix.  If so, you might
want to consider *{Do'wI'} "Lucky", derived from the verb {Do'} "be
fortunate, be lucky" plus the verb suffix {-wI'} "one who is, one who does,
thing which does".

Voragh

Back to archive top level