tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 06 21:35:22 1998

Re: ...beings capable of using language...

In a message dated 98-05-05 23:27:06 EDT, Qermaq writes:

<< CAPABLE OF:  If I do not communicate for a week (a vow of silence, perhaps)
 I am not no longer <-pu'> - I am still 'capable' of using language. But is a
 comatose Klingon capable of using language? It seems fitting that a Klingon
 would not acknowledge a comatose Klingon as <-pu'> - in fact, I doubt any
 Klingon would remain comatose for long; either they would recover, or
 receive an honorable death. Terran sympathetic tendencies make it likely
 that a human would still refer to a comatose individual otherwise capable of
 language use as <-pu'>, but I doubt that a Klingon would. However, if a
 Klingon is sleeping, he/she is still capable of using language - to prove
 this, simply wake the Klingon for no reason. The last thing you will hear
 will be a Klingon capable of using language. >>

HeghDI' Hol jatlhlaHbogh yoq porgh vaj {lommey} DIpongnIS, qar'a'?
porghvo' DIr Surghlu'DI' {DIrDu'} DIpongnISbe' 'ach {DIrmey} DIpongnIS,
qar'a'? (KGT)

peHruS

Back to archive top level