tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 06 18:28:42 1998

Re: literal translation

At 17:41 98-05-06 -0700, you wrote:
}I'm taking a class called "Foreign Languages for Musicians."  One of our
}projects is to present a foreign song to the class along with
}translation and phonetics.  I've gotten permission to do a Klingon song
}and have chosen the Klingon Anthem.  I've gotten several translations,
}but can anyone give me an exact word for word translation?  It probably
}won't make much sense, but it's what I need.  Thanks for your help.

See:
http://www.simonsays.com/titles/0671009958/excerpt2.html

That is the canon version and the literal translation by Marc Okrand, the
language's creator.

Or do you want word-for-word as in:

be-brave-which be-loyal-which and warrior
clean-cause-perfectly battle blood

Qov     [email protected]
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level