tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 24 12:10:08 1998

It takes a Hero

…….Part forwarded message from Linda den Hollander who wrote direct to
qe'San:……..
>Hi Jon,
>I need your help again with a translation, [………text……….]
>
>The help I need is for a friend who is promoted because she succeeded
in
>finishing a study..she is a fire brigade officer  now and we want to
give
>her a T-shirt with the text as follows(and than in tlhIngan of
course.......)

>Only a fool fights in a burning house, but it takes a hero to go
after the
>fool.
>The first part of the sentence is from the book "The Klingon Way", so
>that's not the problem…..but the last part.
>
>Would you be so kind to help me?
>
>greetings
>Linda den Hollander/Ma'na
>"yItul'ej yIHegh piHtah"....
>batIh bIHeghjaj........

Only a fool fights in a burning house, but it takes a hero to go after
the fool.

By rewording to make it work I came up with:

meQtaHbogh  qachDaq  Suv  qoH  neH  'ach   toDmeH qoH  tlha'  Sub'e'

Only a fool fights in a burning house, but only a hero follows in
order to save him

If any one can think of a better way of doing it I need to reply in
the next 2 hours so email me direct   [email protected]  as I only get
the digest version of the list.

Generally I would also like to know if I've made any blunders

Thanks in advance

qe'San