tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jul 19 15:18:12 1998

Pronunciation

i am having trouble with pronouncing the H sound when it is at the beginning
of the word and in front of an o.  When i pronounce it under those
circumstances it ends out sounding like gh.  I have just started learning the
language and only have the dictionary right now.  I don't have the tapes or
the language lab.  I have no difficulty pronouncing the tlh in any of the
words and the word for drink tlhutlh really helped me to pronounce it since
the sound comes at the end and beginning of the word.  Can anyone help me with
this problem.

Back to archive top level