tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 10 10:18:22 1998

Re: KLBC: toS & Sal

: toS - climb
: Sal - ascend
:
: I would like to understand the best usage for these similar words.
: Surely I can say:  HuD vItoS - I climb the hill.
: But, there are some phrases that I have some doubts:
:    HuD tISallI' - I'm ascending the hill
:    chalDaq Sal DujwIj - My ship ascend to the sky
:    juHwIjDaq jISal - I ascend to my home (If I am using a lift)
: I would like to know other uses for these verbs.
:
: Edy

A related verb is {pep} "raise", however none of these has been used in
canon. The question now becomes one of Okrand's English usage, and I'll
leave it to our BG pro tem.

Voragh                          "Grammatici certant et adhuc sub judice
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons    lis est."        - Horace, Ars Poetica

Back to archive top level