tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 09 15:52:51 1998

Re: KLBC - DaH mughqa' tuv'el 'e' nIDlaw'

ja' pagh:

> lab tuv'el:
>
> > qabHeylI' rur Sargh Dub.
> I'm not quite sure why you're using <-Hey> here, and the <-lI'> should be

I was thinking something like:  "I guess it's your face, it doesn't look like
much of a face, but it's in the right position for a face" i.e. "apparent
face."  I keep forgetting that -lI' -lIj, -wI' -wIj refer to the sentience of
the object in question, I'll say to myself, "Well <<I>> am a noun capable of
language so it must be DubwI' instead of DubwIj..."  Oops...

> > tlhIngan Hol ghojnIS vavwI' loDnI' puqloD.
> You want your cousin to learn Klingon? ghojqang'a'?

HISlaH, 'ach lIqIHvIplaw'.

> > Qongchu' 'avwI' pagh Heghta'
> I doubt he intentionally died, so you need to use <-pu'> instead of <-ta'>.

I thought -ta' merely denoted absolute finality, not intention.  QItqu' Hoch
vIghojtaH.

> pagh
> Temporary Beginners' Grammarian

- tuv'el pach puqloD