tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 01 23:29:24 1998

Re: suffixes in comparative sentences, etc

mujang "Anthony Appleyard" <[email protected]>:
>> Tell me something, Anthony. Why do you care about this particular query? ...
>
>  Sorry. Sorry. I wasn't wanting to make a big issue of it. I was just vaguely
>wondering. Thank you for the above solution:
>  {<comparative sentence> net tu'<suffixes>}.

It worked well in this case.  Please don't try to treat it as a formulaic
way of translating English wording.  Formula-translated Klingon is *very*
hard to read, filled as it is with stilted phrases that are obviously the
result of taking English words as the starting point instead of going for
the idea behind the words.

HIQuchmoH, Anthony.  bISIv 'e' yImev.  bIjatlh 'e' yItagh.
mughmeH mIw tInejQo' neH.  maHvaD qechlIj'e' tIDeltaH, 'ach
bIruchmeH tlhIngan Hol yIlo'.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level