tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 01 21:39:20 1998

Re: KLBC - pach puqloD

From: Alan Anderson <[email protected]>
>Qov qech vIparHa' jIH.  mu' ghItlhlu'meH, qech qonnISlu'.
>
>I've got to agree with Qov here.  It's the *idea* that's being recorded in
>words here.  {qonchu'} says to me that the idea was rendered accurately.

But I believe we're told that {qon} is used when composing songs, not every
time one might use the word "compose" in English.  We know nothing
particular about how Klingons think of "composing," say, e-mail.  And I
agreed that {qon} would be appropriate if the usage were about a song.

It *might* refer to any act which we call "composing" in English, but I
don't see why this must be.

SuStel
Stardate 98499.6

Back to archive top level