tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 01 11:32:40 1998

Re: -Curses

---Quvar muHwI' <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Are name-calling (epithetical) curses used as exclamations or as
nouns?

> {taHqeq!} "You $@#!#!!!"
> how about {taHqeqpu'}??
>
> In English you can say (Voyager, Neelix):
> "These people are natural born idiots!"
> (so it's Plural.)
>
> Is {toDSaHpu' chaH} correct??

We don't know for sure.  It seems reasonable, but because it is never
incorrect to use a singular noun where a plural meaning is intended,
you can play it safe and say {toDSaH chaH}.  "They are todsakhs."

Meanwhile, jatlh Qov loDnal:
"There should be complex grammatical rules in cursing.  It should be
more complex than ordinary speech, becase Klingon cursing is an art
form."

tlhIngan Hol jatlhbe' ghaH, 'ach vuD ghajbej.