tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 31 17:36:58 1998

Re: KLBC Nature Phenomenon

At 21:47 98-01-28 -0800, SuStel wrote:

}Heck, for all we know {SIS} is always used with {-ghach} and never as a
}straight verb.  (And before someone jumps on me, saying they don't like that
}and how could I have suggested it, no, I don't actually believe that, but it
}is a valid possibility.)

SuStel yIQoy!  The point here is that you -- all of you who have suggested,
asserted, argued or questioned what the subject of the rain may be -- are
not WRONG.  We simply DO NOT HAVE the information to decalre any of you
right OR wrong.  There isn't a lot of point arguing about which is most
likely, because there are a lot of good candidates and we know from
experience with natural languages that logic isn't going to play a large
part in it.

I think the first time this thread came around while I was on the list I
suggested that it might be {SIS ta' targh}, to emphasis the point that the
idiom could be ANYTHING.

Qov     [email protected]
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level