tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 30 08:52:32 1998

Re: Locatives and {-bogh} (was Re: KLBC Poetry)

According to David Trimboli:

The question is whether or not we would extend the "move the
Type 5 suffix to the end of the trailing adjectival verb" rule
to include this sort of relative clause, so it would be:

?Qe' vIje'qangboghDaq qagh wISoplaH.

I personally vote that this IS the way we would handle it, if
we handle it at all. I would find it a lot easier to understand
without the weird ambiguity of the original.

> Whether or not {meQtaHbogh qachDaq Suv qoH neH} is a fluke, Qermaq's
> sentence DOES fit the same pattern, only with the head noun as object
> instead of subject.

But it gets messy if there is an explicit noun as subject of
the relative clause.

> SuStel
> Stardate 98080.2

charghwI'