tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 28 21:36:05 1998

Re: KLBC Nature Phenomenon

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan Anderson <[email protected]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email protected]>
Date: Tuesday, January 27, 1998 9:37 PM
Subject: Re: KLBC Nature Phenomenon

>ja' qe'San:
>>Excuse me for jumping in at the deepend here but surely the 'subject'
>>of  - rain (v) - is the weather (or possibly the atmosphere/sky).
>
>"Surely"?  Hardly.  I can think of three reasonable subjects and one rather
>odd fourth possibility without trying hard at all.  Until we get some sort
>of "real" example of these words in use, it's all going to be conjecture.

Indeed, some possibilities I've thought of include:

{chal} "sky"
{'eng} "cloud"
{yuQ} "planet"
{muD} "atmosphere"
{bIQ} "water"
{Sep} "region"
{Hatlh} "countryside"

Heck, for all we know {SIS} is always used with {-ghach} and never as a
straight verb.  (And before someone jumps on me, saying they don't like that
and how could I have suggested it, no, I don't actually believe that, but it
is a valid possibility.)

SuStel
Stardate 98077.4

Back to archive top level