tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 28 03:03:23 1998

'Iv

I noticed while listening to my 'Conversational Klingon' tape that Mr.
Okrand uses a phrase:

SoH 'Iv    Who are you?

Where as if you know who the person is and are clarifying you would use:

Qov SoH    You are Qov

If the question word ('Iv, nuq) goes in place of the unknown answer why
was the order messed up by Mr. Orkrand?
Is there some rule I am missing or is it free range.  I always use *'Iv
SoH*

Write Back.

ps. I like the idea of using noun suffixes on question words, it will
definately increase my fluency.

pps. beqpu'Da' San wuqlaH HoD 'ach reH HoD San Sovlu'

qelayn
--
m109

Back to archive top level