tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 27 03:13:19 1998

Re: KLBC: -taH and -pu'

cholugh Qov.

>}pa'lIjDaq ghaHpu' -  S/He was at her/his room
>
>That's "at your room."  "His/her" is {-Daj}.

    ops ..

>}lengwI' chaHpu' qama'pu''e' -  The prisioners were trevellers
>
>maj.

    ghobe' ..  lengwI'pu'  :-))

>Do remember that the perfective endings do not denote past tense, so that
>{lengwI' chaHpu' qama'pu''e' }
>is as valid a way to say "The prisoners were travellers."  The {-pu'} you
>have added doesn't make it past tense, just changes the perspective on the
>sentence.

    Sure ..

    I have to send you those sentences .. I'm reading and
reading our comments about "RB: Illusions"..
soon I'll send them to you.

__
Eduardo Fonseca || Belo Horizonte, Brasil
Pau Brasil: The brazilian's VGA Planets home page
http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/2460
Hovmey DIvan

Back to archive top level