tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 24 22:02:42 1998

Re: KLBC Poetry

ja' SuStel:
>{-pu'} (and {-ta'}) DOES mean that the action is complete, not just that it
>occurred before the time context.

Must an action being complete imply that the state described by that action
is no longer true?  If the rock's being present is complete, I don't see it
as indicating that the rock is now absent.

jupwI' nentay lopta' ghaH.  nenta', qar'a'?  'ach nentaH je 'e' vIyaj.
My friend's Rite of Ascension was last year.  He's completed being an
adult.  That doesn't mean he isn't one anymore.

wa'Hu' DeHbe' naH.  DaHjaj DeHpu' naH.  wa'leS DeHqu' naH.
The fruit ripened overnight.  It won't stop being ripe/overripe tomorrow.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level