tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 22 21:44:27 1998

Re: Nature phenomenon

In a message dated 98-01-22 13:02:33 EST, SuStel writes, due to a conversation
between Qov and peHruS:

<< Qov's
 suggestion that {SIS} and {peD} and so forth use the indefinite subject
 suffix {-lu'} advocates this idea. >>

-------peHruS here-------------
teHlu'     It's true!
Doqlu'     It's red???

I feel SIS and peD do not require subjects at all.  Even the English "it" may
not be a subject, really, even though in a grammar tree, "it" is considered
the subject.  What does "it" refer to?  Nothing!  "It" is not the pronoun "it"
which refers to a previous topic.  English is so weird we cannot say
"Raining"; we have to add "It is....." just to feel right.

Aha, back to feelings.  I prefer SIS and peD without -lu'.

peHruS

Back to archive top level