tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 22 13:42:33 1998

KLBC: nuq and 'Iv

    Sometimes nuq and 'Iv behave as substantives, right?
The classic exemple is nuqDaq, but sometimes I see:
pongDaj nuqpu', HoD 'Ivqang (Capt Krankor - The Gramarian Desk)

So I am wondering to know if it works in sentences like:

nuqvaD Data'pu' - you did it for what?
nuqvo' DajatlhtaH - you are talking about (from) what?
nuqmo' yaS DaHoHqang - you are willing to kill the oficer because what?

'IvvaD Data'pu' - You did it for who?
'Ivvo' DajatlhtaH  - You are talking about who?
'Ivmo' yaS DaHoHqang - you are willing to kill the oficer because of
    whom?

I always have trouble with who and whom. It's difficult for me when
I use them. The same happens with  remember and remind.

Back to archive top level