tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 22 06:22:48 1998

Re: yargh lut 'ay' cha'DIch

ja' peHruS:
>The following is chapter two of a story I have written specifically for
>teaching purposes.  yargh is the waiter's name.

Not bad.  It's as excruciatingly easy to read as the "Dick and Jane"
stories I assume its style is based on. :-)  I do have one concern
with the usage of a conjunction, though.

>ghoS jabwI' neH yaS
>jach yaS     jabwI'
>'ej yaS ghoS yargh
>jatlh yargh     nuq DaneH

The {'ej} in the next to last line seems inappropriate to me.  Klingon
doesn't use "and" to indicate sequence the way English sometimes does.
I'd either use {vaj} instead or just leave it out completely.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level