tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 21 17:07:56 1998

Re: KLBC: some sentances

Qov writes:

>>The sharp stick she was carrying should be dulled before I give it
>>to my son.
>
>>qeng naQ jej 'ach puqloD nobpa' 'oH jejHa'nIS
>
>"The sharp stick carried, but before it gives the son it should be
>dull."
>Look at the subject and object of each verb you use. Try this one
>again.

naQ jej qeng be' 'ach puqloDwIj 'oH vInobpa', 'oH vIjejHa'nIS

The woman carried a sharp stick but before I give it to my son I need to
dull it.

>>>The woman sent me into extreme panic because she was holding a
>>>severed head and I recognized the face.
>>
>>nach 'uch be' 'ej qab vIghovmo' 'oy' tIn munob
>
>Weak on vocabulary here.  For "sent me into extreme panic" I was
>looking for a construction with {lIm}.  Try this one again, and try >to
get closer to the original.

nach 'uchmo' mulImmoHbej be' 'ej qab vIghov

The woamn made me panic because she was holding a head and I regonized
the face.

>>>If I want to use Klingon to communicate those ideas then I
>>>undoubtedly will.
>>
>>qech QummeH tlhIngan Hol vIlo' vIneHchugh tlhIngan Hol vIlo'bej
>
>Missed "those". Figure out how to put "those" in.

qechmeyvetlh QummeH tlhIngan Hol vIlo' vIneHchugh tlhIngan Hol vIlo'bej

Thats better.

>Clearly more careful work, shows off your skills more. Fix up the few
>and I'll give you more -- just giving myself some breathing room
>before I make up more, by lobbing it back at you.

qavan. I enjoyed translating those sentances, and I would love some more
:)

>Qov     [email protected]
>Beginners' Grammarian

|'elren maqa'vIan yo'HoD, IKC q'rataq, KWS |   KLI member   |
|    K'elren, KPV Hov nIHwI', KAG       |    UIN 22661781   |
|      http://www.cryogen.com/elren | [email protected]     |
|       'ej Sarq Hurgh lIgh lIghwI' Hurgh 'e' vIlegh        |
|   'ej Hegh 'oH lIghwI' pong'e' 'ej rop 'oH Sarq pong'e'   |